[fedora-java] default .db for gij

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 20:02:49 UTC 2005

Phil> On the central db idea (as opposed to having each application having
Phil> their own db), what happens on a partial disk failure, and e2fsck can't
Phil> recover inodes that belong to the db? Reinstall all gcj built rpms?

Andrew> No.  Whenever an rpm is installed, the %post should *rebuild* the db
Andrew> from each application's db.  It's just a cache.

One thing we've discussed on irc is having either rpm macro support or
a script somewhere to do this.  The latter is nice if your .db does
get hosed -- you could just run the script to fix it.

AFAIK this isn't definitively assigned to someone to do yet.
And, we would have to decide where to install this thing and what
package ought to own it.

Tom