[fedora-java] db merging script

Phil Muldoon pmuldoon at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 19:06:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 13:58 -0500, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> * Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com> [2005-03-22 13:55]:
> >
> > Andrew> if [ -n "`find %{_libdir}/%{name}/mappings -name \*.db`" ]; then
> > Andrew>     gcj-dbtool -m `gcj-dbtool -p` `find %{_libdir}/%{name}/mappings -name \*.db` `gcj-dbtool -p`
> > Andrew> fi
> >
> > Is %{name} the name of the current RPM?
> > If so then I think this is incorrect.  We need to merge everything
> > into the master .db.
>
> We're merging into the master .db but until we sort out where to put the
> other .dbs, I'm keeping the eclipse ones in /usr/lib/eclipse/mappings.

Other than Anthony Green's response, there's not much opinion on that
yet it seems. Maybe asking the question was premature; it's something
I'd like to figure out sooner rather than later, though.

The only other thing was the `find %{_libdir}/%{name}/mappings -name
\*.db` potentially producing a list of db's that is to big to fit in the
argument buffer, and that may make an incorrect merge.

What are the advantages of an rpmacro over just placing a merge shell
script in /usr/bin?

Regards

Phil