[fedora-java] Fedora Core package list

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Tue May 10 17:20:27 UTC 2005

Hi Gary,

On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 12:03 +0100, Gary Benson wrote:
> Well, the main packages are Tomcat and Eclipse.  I can't speak for the
> Eclipse guys, but to try out Tomcat you'd probably do something like:
>
>  1. Install a FC4tX box.
>  2. yum install tomcat5 tomcat5-webapps tomcat5-admin-webapps
>  3. service tomcat5 start
>  4. Look at http://localhost:8080/
>
> Assuming they know their way around Tomcat all they need to know to
> configure it is that CATALINA_HOME is /usr/share/tomcat5.
>
> Is that the kind of thing they're after?

Yes, that is great. Do you have a pointer for more specific instructions
for point 1? (Debian user speaking here [sorry], I don't actually know
what FC4tX is or where I would download it.)

> I'm going to be on holiday in five hours time, and I won't be back til
> May 23rd, so I don't want to start a thread there that I won't be able
> to respond to properly.  Would you mind mailing them what I just
> wrote (assuming it's what you were after)?

It would probably be better if someone more familiar with Fedora could
do the write up. If nobody else volunteers I can do a summary of this
thread. But don't blame me if it will sound like "well, it isn't Debian,
and the install is ackward, but..." :)

Cheers,

Mark