[fedora-java] Re: Oprofiling Eclipse CVS checkout

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Tue May 17 21:50:34 UTC 2005

* Robin Green <greenrd at presidium.org> [2005-05-07 19:04]:
> On Fri, 06 May 2005 17:38:54 +0200, Ziga Mahkovec wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 16:11 +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> >> Andrew Overholt writes:
> >>  > Hmm.  I guess I'll have to start digging to see where we're doing this.
> >>  > Good times.
> >>
> >> No use, I'm afraid.  Your libgcj has been stripped of debug info.
> >> With a bit of debug info, I could tell you what exceptions they were.
> >
> > # yum install kernel-debuginfo gcc-debuginfo
> > # opcontrol --vmlinux=/usr/lib/debug/lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1240_FC4/vmlinux
> >
> > This should do, right?
>
> I suggest you also use oprofile from CVS, which has some fixes for a
> symbol resolution bug that I found, which affects resolving symbols in
> libgcj.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.  I've been running into the CVS slowdown
issue while preparing our talks for GUADEC so I spent a bit more time
profiling this afternoon.  I've got two reports (from two independent runs
of checking out gnu-crypto) that are pretty similar.  I've attached bzipped
versions of them.

Any help appreciated.

Andrew