[fedora-java] packaging questions

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Wed May 25 01:11:41 UTC 2005

I have some packaging questions.

First off, I've created a yum repository with my jogl RPMS.  Just copy
the following into /etc/yum.repos.d/spindazzle.org.repo and run...

  $ yum install jogl

---- cut here ---------------------------------------------------
# All SRPMS are found in http://spindazzle.org/yum/FC4/SRPMS

[spindazzle.org]
name=spindazzle.org FC4 $basearch
baseurl=http://spindazzle.org/yum/FC4/$basearch
gpgkey=http://spindazzle.org/yum/green@spindazzle.org-pubkey.txt
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
---- cut here ---------------------------------------------------

I also tried packaging the Gears demo, but ran into a couple of
problems.  My spec file builds Gears like so:

gcj -o Gears --main=demos.gears.Gears Gears.java -ljogl.jar

I think this is supposed to work, since....

$ ls -l /usr/lib/libjogl.jar.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 21 May 24 17:12 /usr/lib/libjogl.jar.so ->
libjogl-1.1b11.jar.so

I've placed the Gears SRPM here: http://spindazzle.org/yum/FC4/SRPMS

If you build it and try to install, you'll get:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libjogl.jar.so is needed by jogl-demos-Gears-1.5-1fc.i386

I don't understand why I'm getting this, since the symlink and
underlying library do exist.

The next problem is that Gears executable won't run.  When I try it I
get a NullPointerException in VMClassLoader.resolveClass (this is the
exception causing a LinkageError: unexpected exception during linking:
net.java.games.jogl.GLCapabilities).

The Gears demo _does_ run when I run it from bytecode and have the
appropriate jar files in my CLASSPATH.

Any suggestions re: these two problems?

Thanks!

AG