[fedora-java] a java beagle version?

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:32:54 UTC 2005

Anyone thought about converting beagle(mono) to java, is it possible with
some changes to the code? I saw something months back about the diffs
between java/mono and how it is possible to write apps for both without much
pain, I'm not a developer and don't really know enough about java atm to say
yes/no ;-)

Just thought if it is possible, that would be a good project since fedora/rh
doesn't want to go down the mono route for what i think are good reasons.

For example, didn't Wikipedia mv from GCJ and Lucene to Mono and Dotlucene?
I don't know if there is any similarity between DotLucene and Beagle, but if
Lucene does some kind of indexing/searching would it be possible to write
some kind of Lucene interface to index dir on a desktop?

I could just be pulling all of this out of my @$$ and be a bad idea ;)