[fedora-java] a java beagle version?

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Wed Oct 12 13:50:53 UTC 2005

>>>>> "Justin" == Justin Conover <justin.conover at gmail.com> writes:

Justin> Anyone thought about converting beagle(mono) to java, is it
Justin> possible with some changes to the code?

There are a couple projects out there for desktop-search-in-java.  One
is 'deskcrawler' (uses java-gnome), another is 'regain' (uses swing).
Both, unfortunately, are fairly immature.  Looks like a fun thing to
hack on :-)

Justin> For example, didn't Wikipedia mv from GCJ and Lucene to Mono
Justin> and Dotlucene?

Yeah, we didn't really have the available bandwidth to figure out what was
going wrong for gcj in this case :-(.  We need some kind of
adopt-an-application program :-)

Tom