[fedora-java] [SOLVED] Re: How to setup full-fledged Java development environment under FC5?

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Apr 3 20:07:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 11:41 -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:

Sorry to top-post and to reply to my own reporting...

I have resolved all the issues pointed out below.  Turns
out that I had to enable all of the aforementioned items
in regards to completing the WST installation my starting
eclipse in the root user account and enabling the (1), (2),
and (3) items below, all the non-root users have access to
these plugins.  Also, I note that if there are any updates
for Eclipse, if root user hadn't already updated all items,
all users who attempt to update would get the update items
installed into their own home .eclipse folders.  Can be a
pain in regards to code bloat... but I also figured out that
blowing the user's .eclipse directories is not a problem assuming
that no other user-installs were made outside of that of what
root is updating.  Other than that - so far it appears everything
works well.

As for the ChangeLog updates and for deleting older versions,
I am still not able to do it even as a root user.  Perhaps this
is a minor issue but perhaps you can manually delete the items
in question but this may tend to be error prone.

Dan