[fedora-java] Using JPackage Repo

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Apr 3 20:53:23 UTC 2006

Folks,

I followed Paul Horwarth's instructions for installing JPackages
and on has to do with installing JPackage's repo - of which you
can download the jpackage.repo file into your /etc/yum.repo.d
directory.

Today, I tried to yum update and the jpackage repo is blowing
up on me.  Says that I am missing a geronimo-specs-* dependency
but apparently it is installed but perhaps it is trying to
install new geronimo-specs but cannot do so due to dependencies
of other files on it!

What do I do in this case?

Also to note, that I have been using the [generic] repo version
instead of the fedora core version since I could not get this
repo to even work.  Perhaps the repo does not exist.

Anyway, I have disabled all jpackage repos until I can get
a resolution to this issue.

Kind regards,
Dan