[fedora-java] Hello and SVN subclipse plugin

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Fri Apr 21 15:20:56 UTC 2006

Robert> The SVNClient class is not found by gij, but when it is ran under Sun
Robert> JVM, it is found.

Tom> Do you get a stack trace in the .log file (or elsewhere)?
Tom> That might help us diagnose the problem.

Mark pointed out that you did supply a backtrace and I just didn't
see it there in front of me.  Sorry about that.

This looks strange:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/usr/share/eclipse/startup.jar], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}

... since it doesn't seem like it should be using the system class
loader here.  But sometimes these class-not-found traces are odd.

I guess I would start by trying to see what class loader is really
being used to load this code.  If that is wrong things usually go bad;
then you'd have to track down why that went wrong.

If it is the right loader (and the error message is what is weird)
then the problem may be simpler to track down... bad linking or
something.

Are you BC-compiling this code?  You can try interpreting, sometimes
that makes link problems go away.  In this case there may be some
workarounds...

Tom