[fedora-java] Re: GNU Classpath 0.92 release schedule and FC6test3 backport

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Mon Aug 14 18:46:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

A little update.

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 12:09 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 15:57 -0400, Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
> > I'm wondering when GNU Classpath 0.92 is scheduled to be released.
>
> When it is ready! :)

Which was last week:
http://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=4573

> > I'm trying to plan for another backport before FC6test3.
>
> Yeah!
>
> What is really needed for merging in 0.92 into libgcj is someone that
> goes over the new configure options (like --enable-gconf-peer,
> --enable-plugin) and make sure the defaults are right for gcc probably
> --disabled instead of --enabled as in classpath. So if you could look at
> that using the 0.92-pre merge as a start that would be great.

I did that last weekend and the result is available now on the gcj
patches list. It will hit svn as soon as I get an ack that it is OK to
commit.

Then we can start working on the backport and make sure that everything
works OK. Mathias, the Debian/Ubuntu gcc packager, has also been helping
with testing and backporting. So I hope we will some nice cross distro
upgrade.

Cheers,

Mark