[fedora-java] gcj trunk -> redhat/gcc-4_1-branch merge complete

Thomas Fitzsimmons fitzsim at redhat.com
Thu Aug 24 22:00:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/redhat/gcc-4_1-branch-java-merge-20060823 now
contains the trunk -> redhat/gcc-4_1-branch Java merge that I'd like to see go
into FC6test3.

libjava's "make check" passes except for the -O3 StackTrace2 tests:

FAIL: StackTrace2 -O3 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: StackTrace2 -O3 execution - bytecode->native test

but these tests also failed on redhat/gcc-4_1-branch before my 2006-08-23 merge.
  Andrew, can you take a look at what's causing these failures?

The merge includes the fix for PR13212, which fixes 33 tests that failed on
redhat/gcc-4_1-branch before my 2006-08-23 merge, and will allow you to remove
gcc41-java-pr13212.patch from the SRPM.

I tested the following on i386 Rawhide:

Eclipse
   - extssh mode works well, better than pre-merge when
     performance was unacceptably slow

gcjwebplugin
   - works

Azureus
   - works

AWT/Swing
   - work much better than pre-merge, more responsive, no crashes

Java2D
   - works much better than pre-merge, faster, no crashes

Can we include this merge in the next Rawhide gcc release?

Tom