[fedora-java] interpreter mystery

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 11:49:57 UTC 2006

Anthony Green wrote:
> Gah.. this is the problem.  Somewhere along the line aot-compile-rpm
> is creating partial classmap.db files.  For instance,
> bcprov-1.33.jar.db only contains 331 entries but bcprov-1.33.jar has
> over 800 classes.

Ok, I see what happened.  When jarfiles are large enough to need
splitting only the classes from the first split are ending up in the
database and solib.  This affected all java-gcj-compat from 1.0.53 to
1.0.62 inclusive (so java-1.4.2-gcj-compat from 40jpp_93rh onwards).
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/rhug/java-gcj-compat-1.0.63.tar.gz has
the fix.

Affected rpms will need rebuilding; if you run the attached script on
binary rpms then it will tell you if they're broken or not.

Cheers,
Gary