[fedora-java] Re: Does anyone have working JacORB packages for FC6?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Dec 31 07:39:06 UTC 2006

I've given up on aot-compiling and just used the JacORB 2.2.4 binary zipfile.
This works with gij if you symlink avalon-framework-4.1.5.jar, jacorb.jar and
logkit-1.2.jar into /usr/share/java/gcj-endorsed. (Also run dos2unix and chmod
+x on the shell scripts in the "bin" directory.) You can then simplify the jaco
script to:
#!/bin/sh

JACORB_HOME="/path/to/JacORB-2.2.4"
export JACORB_HOME

# call java interpreter
exec java \
    -Djacorb.home="$JACORB_HOME" \
    -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB \
    -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton \
    "$@"

(The bootclasspath hackery which the jaco script normally does doesn't work
with gij, at least not for me.) At least the name server appears to start up
that way, I haven't done any further testing yet.

I'd of course prefer a nice native RPM, but at least this works, so I'm posting
the instructions in case other people are interested.

        Kevin Kofler