[fedora-java] Many problem to packaging a java-gnome app for FE

David Walluck david at zarb.org
Wed Jun 21 14:56:16 UTC 2006

alcapcom wrote:
> 1. rpmlint give warning about "class-path-in-manifest"? how to define
> the class path for my jars files, in the  launches scripts?

Yes. At least according to JPackage policy, you remove the Class-Path
from the manifest, and specify the list of jars in the launch script.

In Fedora, they don't always follow this. But here is an example on how
you might do it.

#!/bin/sh

# Source functions library
. /usr/share/java-utils/java-functions

# Source system prefs
if [ -f /etc/azureus.conf ] ; then
    . /etc/azureus.conf
fi

# Source user prefs
if [ -f $HOME/.azureusrc ] ; then
    . $HOME/.azureusrc
fi

# Configuration
MAIN_CLASS="org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main"
BASE_FLAGS="-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib64
- -Dgnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.library_control=never
- -Dazureus.install.path=..."
BASE_JARS="Azureus2 bcprov-jdk14 jakarta-commons-cli log4j swt-gtk
gtk2.8 glib0.2"

# Set parameters
set_jvm
set_classpath $BASE_JARS
set_flags $BASE_FLAGS

# Let's start
run "$@"

> 3. How configue a ant javadoc task, that find the sources for the
> other packages.

As far as I know, you have to patch build.xml to use the <link /> tag
inside the <javadoc> tag.

I don't know why it can't resolve the classes automatically, or at least
use a JAVADOCPATH which is similar to CLASSPATH. I wish this could be
implemented in gjdoc at least.

- --
Sincerely,

David Walluck