[fedora-java] Hello and SVN subclipse plugin

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Mon May 1 14:53:18 UTC 2006

Robert> http://subclipse.tigris.org/source/browse/subclipse/tags/subclipse/1.0.1/svnClientAdapter/src/main/org/tigris/subversion/svnclientadapter/javahl/JhlClientAdapter.java?rev=2190&view=auto&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Robert> well, this will take some time for me because i am not an expert
Robert> debugging with gdb, but this is an excuse to learn it :-).

Yeah :-)

Looking at the code I think it could be a libgcj runtime linker bug.
It may be trying to load and link SVNClient at class initialization
time -- but that is too early.

Well, this is one theory anyway.  Some of the available evidence
points away from it (the stack trace looks odd).  You could test this
by changing this class to only refer to SVNClient via reflection --
use forName to find the class and then use newInstance to make
instances of it.

Tom