[fedora-java] Re: Did the Eclipse update in updates-testing break for anyone else?

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 20:09:12 UTC 2006

* Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> [2006-11-19 16:37]:
> * Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com> [2006-11-19 14:08]:
> > On 19/11/06, Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >I hope I don't have to rebuild my workspace again ... argh. :(
> >
> > Addendum -- I tried moving my ".eclipse" directory out of the way and
> > restarting, and it came up successfully. So it was something in my
> > local config, I guess, but I do think it was triggered somehow by that
> > update. Any suggestions for what to look for?
>
> It's because we moved the platform-specific stuff to /usr/lib (or
> /usr/lib64).  There's no way around the .eclipse breakage.

It turns out that that wasn't the cause *and* we've found a way around the
~/.eclipse breakage - yay!  This means that user-installed plugins won't be
lost and the upgrade should be seamless.

I'm going to push an update to fc6-updates-testing as soon as the build
finishes and then we can see if it works for others.

Thanks,

Andrew