[fedora-java] Fedora Extras submission - classpath-0.92

Anthony Green green at redhat.com
Tue Sep 19 22:22:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 22:21 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Am I widdling into the wind by submitting this or is libgcj just that
> bit too far from classpath-0.92?

libgcj will not work if what you want is a runtime for IKVM or similar.

That being said, I'm not sure it makes sense to build and install GNU
Classpath independently from another JVM project.  I think we want JRE
projects and related technology to get installed using the JPackage
alternatives system.  Can you describe your GNU Classpath use-cases a
little more?  For instance... you're building Limewire with what?  And
to run on what JRE?

AG