[fedora-java] Fedora Eclipse plugin problem

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Wed Apr 18 12:32:27 UTC 2007

Frode Petersen skrev:
> No, I think the jvm runs out of PermGen space. I tried putting the
> -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M parameters in eclipse.ini, but
> then Eclipse wouldn't start. the jvm reported that the parameters were
> unknown. It turned out that -XX:MaxPermSize didn't work, but
> -XX:PermSize did, so I'm trying that now. I'm using Sun Java 1.6u1 on fc6.
>

> I wonder if this is a jvm bug (or feature), an eclipse bug or something
> else. Is there a programming error that we should know and avoid in our
> own programs that could lead to this problem?
> Frode

Eclipse still crashes. :-(
Have anyone else tried the same plugin (Omondo EclipseUML community ed.)
and experienced the same thing?

I've found some posts suggesting that using those PermSize parameters
only delays the crash, though they were not related to Eclipse. Is there
  a way to monitor the memory usage, to find out whether Eclipse or a
plugin is the reason for the behaviour?

Any suggestions as to who should get the problem report?

Frode