[fedora-java] Fedora Eclipse plugin problem

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Tue Apr 17 21:04:30 UTC 2007

Andrew Overholt skrev:
> Plugins from elsewhere should function fine in interpreted mode (ie. no
> gcj-compiled bits).  If there are bugs, they're either class library
> bugs or interpreter (gij) bugs.
>
> I don't think your crashes are caused by the split install.
> Andrew

No, I think the jvm runs out of PermGen space. I tried putting the
-XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M parameters in eclipse.ini, but
then Eclipse wouldn't start. the jvm reported that the parameters were
unknown. It turned out that -XX:MaxPermSize didn't work, but
-XX:PermSize did, so I'm trying that now. I'm using Sun Java 1.6u1 on fc6.

I wonder if this is a jvm bug (or feature), an eclipse bug or something
else. Is there a programming error that we should know and avoid in our
own programs that could lead to this problem?

Frode