Re: [fedora-java] FeatureEclipse33 Status

Andrew Overholt wrote:
Hi,

Here's the status of the Fedora 8 feature of updating the Eclipse stack
to the 3.3 (Europa) base [1].  I've CC'd all of the maintainers.  Please
reply with answers where you can.

snip...
EMF (Andrew Overholt)
- would require a *tonne* of changes:  probably multiple new SRPMs, lots
of Provides and Obsoletes
- since nothing depends upon it, I propose we drop it from Fedora 8
- anyone object?  care to take it over?

GEF (Andrew Overholt)
- since nothing depends upon it, I propose we drop it from Fedora 8
- see last comment under EMF :)

Hi. I just want to notify you about one program that uses these: Omondo EclipseUML ( http://www.omondo.com ). There is a free 'community' release as well as a commercial one.

You might want to look into if and how the changes will affect users of 3rd party software.

I don't know whether these changes would create any problems at all, I just want to make sure that this is considered.

Regards
Frode Petersen