[fedora-java] don't build debuginfo package

Alphonse Van Assche alcapcom at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 10:08:38 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I have a problem to build a Eclipse plugin package[1] in rawhide, that
seems to be a bug in the last RPM package, I will fill a bug about this
today. At first view, all Java package that include classes outside a
jar file can have the same troubles (I should test this today too).

With the coming of AcedTea as default JRE for F8 the debuginfo package
can be useful only for 0,1% of our users base, that amount of people is
probably less than that because the user must work on a ppc arch using
eclipse-rse (the package that give problem) and must will to debug it.

So, what do you think about adding %define debug_package %{nil} on the
top of the specfile while this bug is not solved in the RPM package.

[1]
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-java-list/2007-August/msg00009.html

Thanks,
Alphonse