[fedora-java] Headaches for sysadmins which Java apps/services

Joshua Daniel Franklin jdf.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 22:24:09 UTC 2007

On 7/25/07, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> What's the "RHEL4 SDK" you speak of?  RHDS?  I didn't think JPackage
> provided any Eclipse packages other than ecj anymore.

Yes, I'm sorry it is RHDS. By JPackage I just mean they have "jpp" tags,
these are from RHN. Here's the description from the RELEASE-NOTES:

Red Hat Developer Suite 3 includes the following:

  . Eclipse SDK version 3.2
  . Eclipse C/C++ Development Tooling version 3.1 including a technology
    preview of GNU Autotools support
  . Plugins for using OProfile version 1.2.1
  . PHPEclipse 1.1.8
  . Eclipse Web Tools Platform 1.5
  . Eclipse Modeling Framework 2.2
  . Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework 3.2
  . Eclipse Visual Editor 1.2
  . Plugins for using Bugzilla version version 0.2.4
  . Enhanced ChangeLog authoring features version 2.2.2

We were hoping that SOAP, especially WS-Security, would become more
interoperable, but I guess that's dead so now we don't care so much about
WTP 2.0 / Axis 2.0.