[fedora-java] eclipse and icedtea in f8

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 20:12:55 UTC 2007

* Jack Tanner <ihok at hotmail.com> [2007-11-21 14:15]:
> What are the plans for updating Eclipse and IcedTea in F8? Are they going to
> stay at their current releases, 3.3.0 and -b21, respectively, or will they get
> updates? Of course, 3.3.1.1 and -b23 are already out.

I can't speak for IcedTea, but 3.3.1.1 would already be available in
Fedora if it weren't for stupid ppc64 build issues :(  I think I'm
almost there, though.

> I ask because I'm running into some crashes with 3.3.0 on -b21. I could try to
> file bugs, but it seems like a waste of everyone's time to file bugs against old
> releases.

PermGen issues?  Try moving eclipse.ini from /usr/share/eclipse to
/usr/lib (or lib64)/eclipse and making it look something like this (the
last line is key):

-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
-vmargs