[fedora-java] Fedora java packaging, icedtea vs gcj

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 14:16:47 UTC 2007

Andrew Haley writes:

 > OK, that's fair, but it's going to be *really* easy to let things in
 > Classpath slide.  I am going to keep on top of this: apart from ppc
 > issues, there are also the secondary architectures ARM, IA-64, and
 > SPARC.  I'd like to keep gcj going in good shape until we have a
 > reasonable portability story for OpenJDK.

One small thing to add: I'm not really sure that a slow interpreter is
all we need for secondary arches.  For some things it'll be perfectly
OK, but not for others.  We'll have to wait and see what people need.

Andrew.

--
Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903