[fedora-java] Eclipse 3.4

sflaniga at redhat.com sflaniga at redhat.com
Sat Aug 2 05:17:01 UTC 2008

Thanks Andrew, it's looking good.

Quoting Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com>:
> - If you want your plugin to be noarch, just put the files into
>   %{_datadir}/eclipse/{plugins,features} directly.  I've added a link
>   file in %{_libdir}/eclipse/links pointing to the arch-independent
>   location in the currently-proceeding Eclipse build.  eclipse-mylyn
>   has been updated to this layout if anyone wants to see an example.

Is there any chance of supporting
%{_datadir}/eclipse/dropins/%{mypackage}/{plugins,features}?

(Thus letting me keep mypackage's jars separate from all the other packages.)
I'd rather not enumerate every jar in my packages in %files, if I can
avoid it ;-)

> - If you want to test before 3.4 hits rawhide, do something like this:
>
> yum --enablerepo=rawhide install icu4j-eclipse jsch jetty \
> jakarta-commons-{el,logging} \
> tomcat5-jasper-eclipse lucene{,-contrib} sat4j objectweb-asm
>
> and then rpm -Uvh eclipse-3.4.0-*.rpm with the RPMs you downloaded from
> koji.

I found that:
   yum --enablerepo=rawhide localinstall eclipse-3.4*.rpm
in a directory containing the koji rpms installed everything I needed,
including dependencies, no trouble.

Sean.