[fedora-java] Re: blueMarine and openJDK -- second attempt

Fabrizio Giudici Fabrizio.Giudici at tidalwave.it
Tue Aug 5 20:18:43 UTC 2008

Thanks for the explanation, it makes sense. Actually I didn't think about
different bits in different distros if the package name is the same. Yep, I
think that if possible the package name should contain as much information about
the version as possible.

Tomorrow I'll try to download Fedora and install it onto an external drive - but
I think it should be possible to get the .rpm and repackage it to .deb, so I can
install it on Ubuntu (for a few weeks I'm with a mobile connection, fast enough
for normal working, but not the best for downloading whole CD/DVDs). Can you
tell me where can I download the .rpm?

BTW, the performance differences I'm seeing is 2x-6x in slowness - I believe it
could be the same problem, if they packaged maybe some old VM with Hotspot only
partially enabled.