[fedora-java] Help with photran eclipse feature

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Thu Aug 28 20:18:13 UTC 2008

Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> [2008-08-28 14:09]:
>> for feature in org.eclipse.photran_feature org.eclipse.photran.intel \
>>                org.eclipse.photran.vpg_feature
>> org.eclipse.photran.xlf_feature
>
> We usually try to match features to binary RPMs.
>
>> Now the issue seems to be how/where to install.  Each of the zip files
>> created starts with the directory "eclipse/" and 3 contain
>> "eclipse/contents.xml" files (which are different) so I don't think they
>> should unzip into the same directory.  What makes sense?
>
> If you want them to all be in the same binary RPM, just unzip them all
> there and remove the content.xml.  content.xml is just for speeding up
> the first startup after this plugin is installed and isn't strictly
> necessary.

I'm not sure if any of the other features are useful independent of each
other or if you ever would want "photran_feature" without
"photran.vpg_feature".  I've asked upstream.

I could certainly install in:

%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran
%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran.vpg
%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran.xlf

I could also have 3 sub-packages, but if they all depend on each other
that seems silly.

Also, I'm ending up with paths like

%{eclipse_base}/dropins/photran/eclipse/features/

Should I remove the second "eclipse" or not bother?

Thanks!

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com