[fedora-java] Re: java code coverage tools

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:12:47 UTC 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 12:55 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:

> JPackage.
> > >
> > > If you packaged this, you'd be my hero (at least for the month of
> > > February).
> >
> > Sorry, but I doubt I'll be able to help out with that. What work has
> been made
> > on TPTP already, and what remains?
>
> No work has been done on a TPTP package AFAIK.  Coincidentally, I just
> read an account of their currently horrible installation experience:
>
> http://meikas.com/blog/2008/tptp-and-ubuntu
>
> Andrew
> <https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-java-list>

Way back in about Fedora 5 or 6 timeframe the profiler just worked (if you
managed to install the C compiler compat stuff) using the built in agent
controller.

In newer versions of Eclipse and Fedora the built in agent controller has
been broken. The workaround is to install the external agent controller, and
admittedly the instructions for doing so make it a bit of a pain.

To make matters worse, if you go to the preferences and run the 'test' to
see if the built in controller works, it sometimes says it works (when it
doesn't) or provides a rather useless error message.

Of all the plugins that aren't installed, this is my favorite vote for being
a part of the core package.

darrell