[fedora-java] jna and gstreamer-java on fedora

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 15:16:17 UTC 2008

* Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> [2008-07-21 11:13]:
> Andrew Overholt wrote:
>> * Farkas Levente <lfarkas at lfarkas.org> [2008-07-20 18:17]:
>>>     [junit] # An error report file with more information is saved as:
>>>     [junit] # /tmp/gstreamer-java/hs_err_pid12123.log
>>
>> What's in this file?  The JVM is most likely crashing due to something
>> wrong in the JNI code.
>
> attached.

I don't know what's specifically wrong there, but you should report this
to the jna packager.

>>> or should i've to package the jna provided by gstreamer-java  or
>>> reuild the original jna and not use the fedora one?
>>
>> This would be against the Fedora Packaging Guidelines.
>
> ok but currently the situation is:
> - not working with the jna in fedora,
> - working with the jna bundled with gstreamer-java,
> - working with the jna download from jna homepage.
> so dare i assume there is some problem with the fedora jna package?

I would make that assumption and file a bug with the jna package :)  By
pointing out the don't-ship-prebuild-jars section of the guidelines, I
just meant that you won't be able to package gstreamer-java until you
can use the JAR provided by the jna package, not that the _current_ jna
package must be used.  I have no experience with jna, FWIW.

Andrew