[fedora-java] Groovy in Rawhide?

Richard Körber fedora at ml.shredzone.de
Thu Jun 5 06:55:31 UTC 2008

Hello!

I have just joined this list too. I am both a big friend of Java and
Fedora, and I am happy that I can enjoy both now, thanks to OpenJDK. :-)

Now that OpenJDK is installed by default in Fedora 9, I think it would
be nice to have Groovy[1] available as well. It would be a nice Java
counterpart to Python, Ruby and Perl.

Are there any plans to add Groovy to Rawhide? There is a Fedora RPM
package available on the Groovy homepage already, which on a first sight
seems to integrate nicely with Fedora 9. I'd prefer a simple yum install
groovy though. :)

[1] http://groovy.codehaus.org/

--
Richard