[fedora-java] Groovy in Rawhide?

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 14:52:24 UTC 2008

Hi Richard,

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 08:55 +0200, Richard Körber wrote:
> I have just joined this list too. I am both a big friend of Java and
> Fedora, and I am happy that I can enjoy both now, thanks to OpenJDK. :-)

Great to have you around!

> Are there any plans to add Groovy to Rawhide?

Colin may have plans to do this.  Do you, Colin?

> There is a Fedora RPM package available on the Groovy homepage already,
> which on a first sight seems to integrate nicely with Fedora 9.

Cool.  As Konrad says, it may contain pre-built binaries which aren't
allowed in Fedora.  However, it's probably a really good starting place.
It would be great if you were interested in getting this into Fedora.
Packaging it up probably won't be too hard.  Let us know if we cna help
in any way.

Andrew