[fedora-java] compatible provides?

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 13:56:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 17:05 -0400, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Would it be possible to add compatible provides to the openjdk -devel
> package?
> [...]
> Unfortunately, there are no provides that are the same across OpenJDK
> and Sun's Java:

You mean the Sun-distributed RPM, right?  I've heard many complaints
over the years about issues with it but it doesn't seem that it's going
to change any time soon.  If I had to guess, I'd say the OpenJDK
packages provide the same things as the JPackage Sun, etc. nosrc RPMs.

Tom can clarify since he maintains the OpenJDK packages.

Andrew