[fedora-java] packaging lessons from FUDCon hackfest?

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jun 25 14:54:33 UTC 2008

Andrew Overholt and Tom Fitzsimmons sat with a guy from Alfresco (Lee
Faus) last Friday in the FUDCon hackfests.  Mainly they were doing a
code review with him to see what he has to do to get Alfresco packaged
for Fedora.  It was a great effort, and possibly enlightening for
everyone as to the scope of the problem ahead of us to get Java ISVs
packaged in Fedora.

Andrew, Tom -- where there any insights, lessons, ideas, or other
outfalls from that work with Lee?

Two specific areas of interest are:

* Tips, ideas, or plans for Java packaging ==> target
wiki/Packaging/Java
* ISV-specific lessons, tips, etc. ==> target wiki/SIGs/ISV

I'm asking on this list because I think a brain dump from both of you
here would give good exposure.  I'm ready to glean content to make the
above wiki updates. :)

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41