[fedora-java] Fedora 9: NoClassDefFoundError (LogFactory)

Greg Johnson gregjo at yahoo.com
Fri May 23 16:28:55 UTC 2008

Thanks Andrew. Someone on FedoraForum.org is starting to help shed a little light on the problem. He noticed a problem in the manifest of tomcat5's bootstrap.jar file.
In the manifest he noticed this line:
Class-Path: jmx.jar commons-daemon.jar commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar tomcat-juli.jar

As a workaround, he executed this:
ln -s commons-logging-api.jar commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar

This workaround is less involved than combining the contents of two jar files.

I went looking for the same problem in tomcat6. However the manifest in bootstrap.jar doesn't even have a Class-Path element.

In your previous message you suggested filing a bug with the tomcat package and/or contacting the JPackage project. Does this new information narrow down where I should go next?
I could also use a little help pointing me to where I should file a bug report. Is this where I'd file it for Tomcat?
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/index.cgi
And is this where I'd shoot the JPackage email?