[fedora-java] Re: Toddler question : Scala package maintainer

Harshad harshad.rj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 17:30:13 UTC 2008

Andrew Overholt wrote:

>> Is pre-compiled to byte-code considered pristine enough? ;)
>
> Haha, no :)

I thought so :)

But, the scala compiler is implemented in the scala language. This would
mean cyclic dependencies (?) or perhaps we need to bootstrap it by
following the older scala versions which must have started from .java.

I guess adding scala is like adding a whole new language. It just so happens
that it compiles to JVM as its target platform.

So, it is not written in Java (the language), yet is a Java application
(running on the JVM)