[fedora-java] Very slow Eclipse on F10

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Mon Jan 26 12:44:04 UTC 2009

Before I file this in bugzilla, I wanted to check if it's just my
problem ... Lately, in Eclipse (3.4.1 on Fedora 10), I've been
noticing that it takes several seconds to open a new editor. So if I
click on a Java source file (in Java perspective), the new tab appears
immediately, but it takes several seconds for the actual editor to
finish rendering. In the meantime, the tab just says "Java editor".
Similar things happen with the Ant buildfile editor.

I have several third-party plugins installed that I don't want to
remove unless I have to, which is why I wanted to check first -- is
anyone else seeing similar symptoms?

Thanks,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München