[fedora-java] Help me understand (and fix!) this pdebuild failure on 64-bit archs

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Fri Jan 30 10:47:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:58 PM, Mary Ellen Foster <foster at in.tum.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
>> This sounds like a bug in pdebuild (aka Andrew's crap-tacular shell
>> script).  Can you send me a pointer to the SRPM?  I'm on x86_64 so will
>> hopefully be able to figure out what's going on.

It actually seems to be a very weird problem in copy-platform, and I
can't figure out why. On my i386 machine, copy-platform contains a
bunch of lines like this:
[ ! -e about.html ] && ln -s $eclipse/about.html about.html
[ ! -e artifacts.xml ] && ln -s $eclipse/artifacts.xml artifacts.xml

And on 64-bit platforms, all of those lines are failing with "File
exists" which shouldn't be POSSIBLE, should it?! (But only with this
one plugin, and not with others ...)

I took a look at the contents of this file from the 64-bit version of
eclipse-pde, but it seems to be basically identical so no luck there.

Hmph. Back to $DAYJOB now ...

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München