[fedora-java] mvn-jpp problems

Mary Ellen Foster mef at inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jun 5 14:19:03 UTC 2009

I'm currently trying to resurrect my efforts to package JabRef and its
dependencies, and I'm finding something that used to build on F10
(i386) is now no longer building on my current F11 (x86_64) box. I'm
not sure which of those two differences is relevant...

Anyway, the package is http://spin.sourceforge.net/, and the errors
I'm currently getting look like this:

% mvn-jpp install
/usr/lib/jvm/java
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building Spin
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[WARNING] Skipping non filebased repository
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 in full offline mode
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin' from the repository:
Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository list that is
not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:pom:2.4.3

from the specified remote repositories:
  __jpp_repo__ (file:///usr/share/maven2/repository),
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

I do have mvn2-plugin-surefire installed, so I'm not sure what's going
on here. The srpms for this and its (not-yet-in-Fedora) dependency
cglib are here:
    http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/srpms/

I know nothing about Maven -- does anyone have an idea what's going on here?

Thanks,

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.