[fedora-java] IntelliJ IDEA for Fedora 13

Ismael Juma mlists at juma.me.uk
Tue Nov 17 11:53:33 UTC 2009

Hi Lubo,

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 12:15 +0100, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> as you may or may not know, we started and effort to get IntelliJ IDEA
> Community Edition packaged for Fedora 13 [1].

Very cool.

> I'm wondering if you find it useful?

Even though I am an Eclipse user, I would still say definitely.

> This Friday, FESCo [2] will decide whether it's noteworthy enough to be
> accepted as Fedora 13 feature. If you think so it might be a good idea
> to have a short look at brainstorming page [3] and add your ideas there.

I think so. This may not be apparent to people outside of the Java
community, bit IntelliJ IDEA has an excellent reputation in those
circles. It's considered by many to be the best IDE available (although
this refers to the proprietary version). This is obviously subjective
and I can't comment from personal experience as I haven't used it
enough. Also, I've heard from many users that it has the best Scala
support.

Best,
Ismael