[fedora-java] Missing deps for eclipse-ptp

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 18:26:20 UTC 2009

2009/10/13 Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn at redhat.com>:
> On 13/10/09 11:54 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to build eclipse-ptp for F13 and getting:
>>
>> [eclipse.buildScript] Some inter-plug-in dependencies have not been
>> satisfied.
>> [eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core.tests:
>> [eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in
>> org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests_5.0.1.
>> [eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.managedbuilder.xlc.ui:
>> [eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in
>> org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.xlc.core_5.0.0.
>> [eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in
>> org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.xlc.ui_6.0.0.
>>
>> These don't seem to be in our cdt packages. Any reason why? No idea what
>> they are....
>>

> We don't ship the tests by default.  There is a flag ship_tests which can be
> set to force the eclipse-cdt.spec file to create the package
> eclipse-cdt-tests.
>
> The xlc and c99 stuff has been removed for some time because it relied on a
> binary lpg java runtime jar which was shipped in the CDT without source.  I
> have been made aware that there is now an lpg-java package available so I
> will look at changing the build to prereq this.
>
> -- Jeff J.

There is indeed, I packaged lpg because it was also an eclipse-dtp
dependency. Presumably you need the same version that is orbit (lpg
1.1), so you'll want to require lpg-java-compat rather than lpg-java.

Unfortunately that version of lpg (version 1.1) is no longer
maintained upstream; what are the chances of getting CDT upstream to
migrate to the newer and more actively maintained lpg 2.0?

--
Mat Booth