[fedora-java] Missing deps for eclipse-ptp

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 22:01:18 UTC 2009

On 13/10/09 02:26 PM, Mat Booth wrote:
> 2009/10/13 Jeff Johnston<jjohnstn at redhat.com>:
>> On 13/10/09 11:54 AM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to build eclipse-ptp for F13 and getting:
>>>
>>> [eclipse.buildScript] Some inter-plug-in dependencies have not been
>>> satisfied.
>>> [eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core.tests:
>>> [eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in
>>> org.eclipse.cdt.core.tests_5.0.1.
>>> [eclipse.buildScript] Bundle org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.managedbuilder.xlc.ui:
>>> [eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in
>>> org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.xlc.core_5.0.0.
>>> [eclipse.buildScript] Missing required plug-in
>>> org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.xlc.ui_6.0.0.
>>>
>>> These don't seem to be in our cdt packages. Any reason why? No idea what
>>> they are....
>>>

>> We don't ship the tests by default.  There is a flag ship_tests which can be
>> set to force the eclipse-cdt.spec file to create the package
>> eclipse-cdt-tests.
>>
>> The xlc and c99 stuff has been removed for some time because it relied on a
>> binary lpg java runtime jar which was shipped in the CDT without source.  I
>> have been made aware that there is now an lpg-java package available so I
>> will look at changing the build to prereq this.
>>
>> -- Jeff J.
>>

> There is indeed, I packaged lpg because it was also an eclipse-dtp
> dependency. Presumably you need the same version that is orbit (lpg
> 1.1), so you'll want to require lpg-java-compat rather than lpg-java.

Thanks for the info.

> Unfortunately that version of lpg (version 1.1) is no longer
> maintained upstream; what are the chances of getting CDT upstream to
> migrate to the newer and more actively maintained lpg 2.0?

I would imagine good if it is just plugging in 2.0 and everything works.
I can try it after I get 1.1 working.  If 2.0 requires patches, it may
require some discussion to get them to upgrade.

-- Jeff J.