Re: up2date for testing (with apt/yum/dir repo support)

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 11:39:56PM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:19, Adrian Likins wrote:
> > http://people.redhat.com/~alikins/up2date/severn/
> >
> > New up2date for testing. Somewhat notable new
> > feature of support for 3rd party yum and apt
> > repos. See /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources for info
> > on configuring them (docs to come).
> >
> > In addition to the apt/yum repos, it also
> > now supports using a local dir of rpms as
> > a "repo"
> >
> > Feedback appreciated (usually ;-> )
>
> Hmm, it kept telling me that I had no channel for the Redhat release I
> have.  (Rawhide.)
>
> After uninstalling and reinstalling up2date, I know get this running any
> rhn/up2date apps:
>
> [root stargrazer rhn]# /usr/sbin/rhn_register
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/rhn_register", line 22, in ?
>     from up2date_client import repoDirector
>   File "repoDirector.py", line 12, in ?
>   File "rhnChannel.py", line 129, in getChannels
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get'

	Oh yeah, thats it's subtle way of saying
the RHn login failed. I'll try to clean that up for
the next version.

	But in general, you still need to be
registered with RHN (demo accounts or whatever),
so rawhide might not have a channel atm.

Adrian