FC2 Whishlist: individual package selection during install

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at rogers.com
Tue Dec 23 12:50:06 UTC 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:48:26 +0100
Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> wrote:

> I don't see the point of doing an incomplete installation and then try
> to fixup it afterwards. This is no way to help users - it's not as if
> package selection was interfering with normal installation.
>
> Individual selection has been there for years. People rely on it.

Hey Nicolas,

The theory as i understand it is to focus energy into tools that can be
used both during _and_ after an installation, for the life of a system.
Thus increasing their usefulness and amount of testing.     I'm not
advocating less functionality but the comments of the people who suggested
these ideas made sense to me.

Cheers,
Sean