Fedora LiveCD : Looking for Betatesters - Port of redhat 9.0 base to fedora core 1

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Tue Dec 2 14:07:05 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 20:00, Dirk Westfal wrote:

> > QtParted is something we tend to use a lot at install fests - it allows
> > partitioning to be done by those less experienced. If GNU Parted goes
> > in, please try and include the front-end as well.
>
> I will try it.

The name implies that it possibly requires the Qt libraries... not
certain myself.

http://qtparted.sf.net/

> Ntfs Read-Support is already included, write support is still too dangerous -
> i hoangpe this will change somewhat with 2.6.

To make things work, more patching needs to be done (or so say's the FAQ
- http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html). Anyhow,
ntfsresize doesn't need kernel support it seems, so all's well.

> Question about themes: I think the default theme should be bluecurve, right ?

Keep it simple first, and maybe with a swapped background which instead
of reading Fedora Core, reads... FedoraLiveLinuxCD (ok, that's just
plain wordy, but I'm sure you get the idea!).

Being in beta, we can make changes later ;)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/