new leadership draft being posted...

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Dec 3 20:16:24 UTC 2003

Once upon a time, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> said:
> Michael K. Johnson <johnsonm at redhat.com>:
> > I'll get it started.  There are a few pages in sufficient flux that I
> > might miss adding the $Date$ strings in, but I think that once you see
> > "This page last modified at:" on the web site, you can be reasonably
> > sure that pages that don't show that text at the bottom haven't been
> > recently modified.
>
> There's a easier way.  I use this Javascript fragment in my headers:

<gag> Javascript! </gag>

If you want something that is automatic (and doesn't restrict the
browsers and configurations of visitors to get useful information), you
can use an Apache server side include:

    <!--#config timefmt="%A %B %d, %Y" -->
    This file last modified <!--#echo var="LAST_MODIFIED" -->

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>