Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 16:53:46 UTC 2003

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:15:30 -0500
"Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm at redhat.com> wrote:

--- SNIP ---
> However, that won't be the ONLY feature of Fedora Core 2.  I'd like to
> hear people's wishlists.  Not everything will be possible, but it would
> be nice to have a good list from which to pick the possibilities, and
> from which to also pick ideas later for Fedora Core 3.
>
> FWIW, one thing that we're not likely to do is just push the schedule
> out by a week for project foo, another week for project bar, etc. ad
> nauseum.
>
> michaelkjohnson

My wish lists are mostly adding to what is already here.

1.)
The OSSNET - Proposal for Swarming Data Propagation by Warren Togami.
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-October/msg01083.html
Or anything in the direction of cleaning up repositories for speed and
causing less confusion. There should really only be two repository's the one
for supported and one for everything else. Right now I have redhat's core,
fedora.us, DaG, XFCE, and one for java. Legal issues can not be helped but
some documentation or guidence in this area would be great. Consistency is
defiantly needed in this area so I'm posting another set of ideas:
The Repository feature proposal posted by Peter Backlund
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2003-October/msg00797.html

2.)
I'm not sure how this would work, but a better solution than fedora-rmdevelrpms.
As it is now developers have to remove all devel RPM's to be assured they are
making an accurate spec file. Most of these are just users wanting to put
their favorite app in a repo and won't delete half the system to do it.

3.)
Documentation, Documentation, Documentation. Which as I understand is in the works.