Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Trae McCombs occy at occy.net
Mon Dec 8 18:09:25 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 12:55, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 12:46, Chuck Mead wrote:
> > I am very much in favor of gnome 2.6 as well as inclusion of xfce!
>
> I'd say that people who really want XFCE would easily be able to add it
> to their yum.conf. As it doesn't require half the world in dependencies,
> as, say, gnome and kde do, I really see no reason for its inclusion in
> the core.
>
> Regards,

I concur, when you start talking about window manager inclusion, you are
going to find tons of people waving flags who want their particular
window manager included. Opening this up to debate will only waste tons
of time and feelings will ultimately wind up being hurt; and division
could ensue.

This is to say nothing against XFCE, as it seems to be a very capable
window manager.

Trae

--
Trae McCombs