Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Chuck Mead csm at lunar-linux.org
Mon Dec 8 18:18:20 UTC 2003

Trae McCombs wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 12:55, Konstantin Riabitsev wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 12:46, Chuck Mead wrote:
>>
>>>I am very much in favor of gnome 2.6 as well as inclusion of xfce!
>>
>>I'd say that people who really want XFCE would easily be able to add it
>>to their yum.conf. As it doesn't require half the world in dependencies,
>>as, say, gnome and kde do, I really see no reason for its inclusion in
>>the core.
>>
>>Regards,
>

> I concur, when you start talking about window manager inclusion, you are
> going to find tons of people waving flags who want their particular
> window manager included. Opening this up to debate will only waste tons
> of time and feelings will ultimately wind up being hurt; and division
> could ensue.
>
> This is to say nothing against XFCE, as it seems to be a very capable
> window manager.

Actually, though I am not the author, I have been xfce's host for a
number of years so I guess that gives me a bit of *right* to discuss
it... no one that I know of will be offended if xfce is not included in
core but it would be nice to have, particularly if we intend to provide
support in fedora for lighter, smaller installations.

--
csm
Lunar Project Leader