OpenGroupware (was: Fedora Core 2 wishlists)

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Tue Dec 9 02:47:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 08:34, Chris Ricker wrote:

> inclusion of opengroupware would be nice, but that might be better in extras
> at first

OpenGroupware is great. Once the Evolution connector is finished, I
expect to see a massive uptick in deployments.

I'm subscribed to the OpenGroupware development mailing list and the
there are folks on there who are working through issues of making proper
Debian packages of it.

There are are "unique" things about the OpenGroupware file layout that
will be changing to a more standardized approach in the near future. I
would suggest waiting for that to happen.

One other packing issue is that currently there hasn't been any
"releases" of it. The website just publishes nightly snapshots. This
isn't to say the code is immature, since OpenGroupware's source code
dates back seven years as the underlying source code for their
commercial SKYRiX Groupware Server.

Helge Hess (the main developer) stated that he might publish a 1.0
release that has been QA tested and whatnot early next year.

Anyways, I'm all in favor of including it (I know Harold has some RH
packages on the people.redhat.com server), but it may be a bit
premature.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs